In other news: Rilley's has added to his wardrobe!
|Rilley with his new hooded coat. He doesn't look too impressed, but it will keep him warm during the trip!|
Here are some interesting facts:
- Rilley is the last dog to be accepted into the Meningioma clinical trial at the Ohlfest Brain Tumor Lab. (Update: This fact was true at the time of the original post Oct. 28, 2010, but since then, whenever additional funding - grants, donations, etc. - has been received other dogs have been enrolled.)
- To date, he is also the only Canadian dog to be included in this particular trial.
- This study is being conducted to study the use of vaccines derived from Rilley's own tumour as a post surgical treatment to aid in curing the cancer.
- Positive results from some of the research done at the Brain Tumor Lab have prompted the Masonic Cancer Center at the University of Minnesota to begin recruiting for human trials for the treatment of specific types of brain tumours.
- Tumour and Tumor are the Canadian and American spellings of the same word. So, no, we haven't been misspelling the word. We use "Tumour" as the noun describing the mass in Rilley's head and "Tumor" when we are referring to the name of Dr. Ohlfest's clinic.